- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) plain all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster superfine sugar
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs hot water
- 300gm blueberries (about 2 punnets)
- 50gm caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 litre toasted-coconut ice-cream
- Place the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan on the Simmering Plate and cook, stirring, until melted. Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well to combine.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten to 7cm rounds, allowing room to spread. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until deep golden in the Baking Oven. Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 35.
- Place blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan on the Simmering Plate and simmer until glossy (4-6 minutes). Transfer to a bowl placed over ice and stir until chilled and syrup is thickened (4-6 minutes), then coarsely crush berries with a fork.
- Sandwich discs or scoops of ice-cream and a spoonful of blueberries between biscuits and serve.
Recipe is from http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/recipe-search/fast/2016/1/blueberry-and-coconut-ice-cream-sandwiches/