- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped and melted
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 1tbs vegetable oil
- 500g fresh raspberries
- 1¼ cups (275g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ⅔ cup (160ml) warm water, plus ½ cup (125ml), extra
- 2 tbs gelatine powder
- 1½ cups (330g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) liquid glucose+
- Place the flour, coconut, sugar and butter in a bowl and mix to combine. Press into a 23cm x 35cm baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake in the Baking Oven for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the raspberry jam, place the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a large non-stick frying pan on the Boiling Plate and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool. Spread over the base.
- To make the marshmallow, place the warm water in the bowl of an electric mixer, sprinkle over the gelatine and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the sugar, glucose and extra water in a small saucepan on the Simmering Plate and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Move to the Boiling Plate and bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 5–7 minutes or until the temperature reaches 115°C (239°F) on a sugar (candy) thermometer.
- With the mixer on high speed, gradually pour the hot sugar syrup into the gelatine mixture in a thin, steady stream. Beat for 3 minutes or until thickened. Working quickly, pour the mixture evenly over the jam. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Place the chocolate and oil in a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour over the marshmallow and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares to serve. Makes 15 slices.
Recipe is from https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/desserts-and-baking/chocolate-and-raspberry-marshmallow-slice1