servings serves 4-6
- 2 cups flour can use whole wheat or a gluten free flour blend
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups Almond milk Original Unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- whipped cream + maple syrup for serving
ROASTED STRAWBERRIES + RHUBARB
- 2 stalks rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh strawberries halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons vanilla bean seeds removed ( or 2 vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a baking dish, toss together the rhubarb, strawberries, honey, vanilla and butter. Roast in the Roasting Oven for 25-30 minutes or until the rhubarb has softened.
In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the eggs, melted butter, Almond milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Stir until just combined, it is OK if the batter is a little lumpy. Gently stir in the blueberries.
Heat a skillet on the Simmering Plate and grease with butter or cooking spray. Or place a piece of bake-o-glide on the Simmering Plate. Pour 1/3 cup pancake batter on the center of the hot pan or Simmering Plate. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Using a spatula, gently flip the pancake over and cook the other side for a minute, or until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
To serve, top each pancake with a little whipped cream and a large spoonful of the warm roasted rhubarb/straweberries. Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup. EAT!
Recipe and images by Half Baked Harvest https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/blueberry-almond-pancakes/