- 2kg beef ribs
- ⅓ cup (45g) salted black beans
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 2 bulbs garlic, halved horizontally
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- ½ cup (90G) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (90G) honey
- 1 long red chilli, halved
- micro (baby) purple shisho leaves, to serve
- Place the ribs in a large saucepan of cold water on the Boiling Plate, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Move saucepan to the Simmering Plate and cook for 1 hour or until tender. Carefully remove the ribs, discarding the liquid.
- Place the ribs, black beans, water, garlic, ginger, sugar, honey and chilli in a large deep-sided roasting pan. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 45 minutes in the Roasting Oven. Remove the foil and carefully turn the ribs. Cook, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes or until sticky and glossy.
- Top with shiso to serve. Serves 4.
Recipe and images from https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/dinners/sticky-beef-ribs-with-salted-black-beans