- 2 eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal, self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 250 g cooked beetroot, pureed in a food processor to a coarse texture (not finely pureed)
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- A few fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped OR 1/4 tsp mixed dried herbs
- salt and pepper, for seasoning (be careful about the quantity of salt as feta itself will add a degree of saltiness to the fritters)
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- Greek yogurt and basil pesto, to serve
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the flour and milk and stir to blend. Add the beetroot, feta cheese and herbs and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan on the Simmering Plate, heat the olive oil. add 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Remove from pan and keep warm. Alternatively you can cook fritters directly onto the Simmering Plate with Bake-O-Glide underneath.
Serve with greek yogurt that has a teaspoon of basil pesto swirled in to it.
Recipe and images from http://www.sugaretal.com/2016/03/01/3435/