- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup roasted, mashed sweet potato, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- one loaf Udi's Gluten-Free Whole Grain Bread
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup + more for serving
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- yogurt, whipped cream, or creme fraiche for serving
Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together in large bowl. Then whisk in 1/2 cup sweet potato until combined. Pour batter into a pie pan. Dunk each piece of bread into the batter, coating well. Place on sheet of parchment paper.
Melt butter on a griddle or in a large pan, spreading to cover the surface on the Simmering Plate. Add bread, pressing down lightly. Cook for 4 minutes until starting to brown, then flip and repeat. Cook until both sides are browned. Alternatively, you can cook straight on the Simmering Plate, with some bake-o-glide underneath.
Mix 1 tablespoon of maple syrup with remaining half cup sweet potato. Spread thin coating on each slice of bread and stack. Top with bacon, maple syrup, and dollop of whipped cream, yogurt, or creme fraiche.
Recipe is from https://heartbeetkitchen.com/2017/recipes/sweet-potato-french-toast-with-bacon/