Thai Green Curry
This curry is delicious as a vegetarian meal, however, if dinner doesn’t count unless there’s meat involved. Add some diced chicken or any other protein you like when frying.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp green Thai curry paste 1 x 400ml
- can of coconut milk 350ml (12 fl oz)
- vegetable stock
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 225g (8 oz) mangetout, topped and tailed
- 1-2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely sliced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
1. Place the oil into a pan to heat on the boiling plate and fry off the curry paste for a minute, then add the coconut milk and stock, stir then add the red pepper and potato cubes.
2. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes then add the broccoli florets, mangetout, chillies, lemon grass, salt and sugar.
3. Simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh coriander and slices of red chilli. Serve with rice.