Rosemary and Potato Pizza
- 1 recipe no-knead crusty bread dough
- 2 medium size red potatoes (or whatever potatoes you have on hand)
- Olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
For the sauce you will need:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup Chardonnay (or white wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon (no MSG)
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
Line a baking sheet with foil. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper. Slice the potatoes about 1/8-inch thick and arrange on the baking sheet. Place in the Baking Oven and bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and set aside until ready to use.
To make the sauce:
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small sauce pan on the Simmering Plate. Add shallot, garlic and thyme. Cook stirring until mixture is light brown. Add salt, white pepper, chardonnay, lemon juice and chicken base. Cook until the mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup. Take off the heat and whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisking well after each addition.
To assemble the pizza:
Divide dough in half. Carefully form into a circle and place on a pizza peel that has been dusted with cornmeal. Spread half of the sauce over the pizza. Layer with mozzarella cheese, potato slices and fresh rosemary and thyme.
Well oil the baking sheet before placing pizza on it. No need to preheat the baking sheet. Bake in the Roasting oven.
Makes 2 pizzas (10 – 12 inch)