- 1 leg of Lamb
- 12 Garlic Cloves
- 12 Anchovies
- 12 Sprigs of Rosemary (small)
- Sea salt
- Cracked Black Pepper (smoked)
- Olive oil
Using a sharp knife, make 36 incisions in the meaty end of the leg. Fill the holes with the garlic cloves, anchovies and rosemary sprigs spaced out equally.
Place the meat on an AGA Half size Hard Anodised Baking Tray, lined with Bake-O-Glide or a roasting tray, season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Lightly rub the seasoning into the flesh to coat the leg.
3, 4 and 5 oven AGA: Slide the baking tray onto the oven grid shelf, set on the floor of the baking oven and roast for an hour, or until the core temperature reaches 58°C.
Put the lamb to rest in the warming oven for about 20 minutes.
2 oven AGA: Slide the baking tray onto the oven grid shelf, set on the floor of the roasting oven and roast for 30 minutes, then transfer to the simmering oven for one hour, or until the core temperature reaches 58ºC. Put the lamb to rest by the AGA for about 20 minutes.
Carve and serve.
Conventional cooking: Preheat the oven to 160°C/gas mark 3. Roast the leg in the oven for an hour, or until the core temperature reaches 58°C. Put the lamb to one side to rest in a warm place for about 20 minutes. Carve and serve.
1. Leave the bone in for additional flavour
2. When preparing the lamb to be served you want to slice the lamb against the grain
3. Avoid cooking your lamb straight from the fridge, you want the lamb to reach room temperature before you place it to cook.