Raspberry and Coconut Skillet Brownie
- 125g Plaistowe Premium Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 285g (1 1/4 cups) white sugar
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 25g (1/3 cup) shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 120g fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries, plus extra, to serve
- Flaked coconut, to serve
- Chocolate ice-cream, to serve
Lightly grease a 20cm (top measurement) cast iron skillet.
Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water on the Simmering Plate (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until melted. Remove from heat. Quickly stir in egg, sugar, flour, cocoa, shredded coconut and salt until just combined. Fold through raspberries. Pour into prepared skillet. Bake for 40 minutes in the Baking oven or until a skewer inserted comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Sprinkle with flaked coconut and extra raspberries. Serve with ice-cream.
Recipe and images by https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/raspberry-coconut-skillet-brownie/9c46a2fe-f396-4885-98d0-6843c16cde57