Crostini with Pea & Mint
- 1 Baguette (small)
- 40g Butter (softened)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 175g Frozen Peas
- 1 sprig of Mint
- 1 tbsp Mint Leaves (chopped)
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tbsp Crème Fraîche
For the garnish:
- Crumbled feta cheese and mint sprigs
1. Trim the ends and cut the baguette into 12 slices.
2. Cream the butter and garlic together and season.
3. Spread both sides of each baguette slice with the garlic butter and place them on a piece of Bake-O-Glide™ on the cold plain shelf.
2, 3, 4 and 5 Oven AGA: Slide the cold plain shelf onto the floor of the Roasting oven (AGA City60 owners use the floor grid) and cook for about 5-8 minutes until the slices are crisp and just beginning to brown.
5. Put the crostini to cool whilst you make the pea purée; boil the peas with the sprig of mint until just tender and still a bright green colour.
6. Drain and refresh in cold water, discard the sprig of mint.
7. Place the peas, lemon juice and chopped mint into a blender or food processor and blitz until just broken up, as this will give a better texture than a total purée.
8. Mix in the crème fraîche and check the seasoning.
9. Top each slice of baguette with the pea and mint mixture, then garnish.