Chicken Skewers With Chimichurri and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup (180g) white quinoa
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 720g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and black cracked pepper
- 1 cup mint leaves chopped, plus extra to serve
- ⅓ cup (55g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) sunflower seeds
- 400g can lentils,. drained and washed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- labne (yoghurt cheese) and lemon wedges to serve
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup flat leave parsley
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 long green chilli
Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan on the Boiling Plate. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and move to the Simmering Plate. Simmer for 12 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
Place the chicken, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Thread onto skewers and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
While the chicken is marinating, make the chimichurri sauce. Place the onion, parsley, mint, vinegar, chilli and salt in a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue on the Boiling Plate. Place the chopped mint, pepitas, sunflower seeds, lentils, vinegar, salt, pepper and half the oil in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa and toss to combine. Brush the chicken skewers with the remaining oil and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Serve with the quinoa salad, chimichurri, labne, lemon wedges and extra mint. serves 4.
Recipe is from https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/entertaining/nibbles-and-starters/chicken-skewers-with-chimichurri-and-quinoa-salad