Banana, Passionfruit and Coconut loaf
- 1/3 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 large) + 1 extra banana to decorate
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar for sprinkling
Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
Beat together the coconut oil and honey until combined. Add both eggs and whisk to combine. Add mashed bananas and passionfruit pulp – whisk gently, making sure to leave clumps of banana – it doesn’t need to be smooth.
Whisk through the baking soda, vanilla and salt.
Fold in the flour, almond meal and dessicated coconut until just combined.
Pour into greased loaf tin and top with the extra halved banana. Sprinkle the extra banana with coconut sugar.
Bake 45-55 minutes in the Baking Oven or until a skewer inserted comes out just clean.
Recipe is from http://www.thebrickkitchen.com/2017/03/healthier-banana-passionfruit-coconut-loaf/