Annie’s Creamed Potatoes
- 1.5 kg good-quality all-purpose potatoes (such as desire)
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- flaked salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600ml pouring (single/light) cream
- 50g unsalted butter freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
AGA Cookers: Prepare the Baking Oven for use.
Peel the potatoes and thinly slice them. Wash the slices well in cold water to removes any excess starch, then pat dry.
Place in a bowl and toss with the garlic and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Transfer to a large baking dish and spread them out evenly.
Pour over the cream, then dot with butter and grate a little nutmeg over the top.
Bake for 1- 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the potato is tender.
Cool and Serve
Recipes and Images by Annie Smithers