Key Lime Pie Cupcakes
Ingredients (makes 16 cupcakes):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Arnott’s granita biscuits
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 226 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime zest
- 2 teaspoons Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups icing sugar
1. Ensure Baking oven is up to temperature.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
3. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
4. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and lime zest until blended. Beat in lime juice and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. Refrigerate until serving.
TIP: Use the Portmerion for AGA Ceramic Muffin Tray for slighter larger muffin sized cakes!