For the Camemebert
- 75g raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight)
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp flaky salt (halve if using fine salt)
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour/starch
- a small bunch of rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Line a small dish with greaseproof paper.
- Add all the camembert ingredients to a blender and process until you have a completely smooth liquid. It will be very watery.
- Pour the liquid into a saucepan and cook on the Simmering Plate stirring constantly with a spatula. It will start to thicken, looking quite lumpy at first- this is normal! Keep stirring until the mixture has all become thick and gooey in texture (think about how melted cheese would look). The mixture should still be runny enough to pour so be careful not to overcook it. Have a taste to check the seasoning and add a bit more salt if needed.
- Pour the cheese mixture into your lined dish. Slice the remaining garlic cloves into little strands and gently poke them into the surface of the cheese at intervals. Also add in some sprigs of rosemary, then drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle on some black pepper.
- Carefully place into the Roasting oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, checking after 15. It will puff up slightly during baking and is ready when it has a lightly golden outer skin with a warm, gooey middle. Best eaten immediately.
Garlic Bread Ingredients
- Bread of your choice
- 3-4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- Herbs of your choice (I used Basil and Parsley)
- Olive Oil
- Cut the bread into large rectangles or wedge shapes, the thicker the bread the softer the bread will be on the inside when cooked
- In a small bowl, mix crushed garlic, cut herbs, pinch of salt and enough olive oil so the mixture is runny and will easily coat the bread
- On a large tray, place the bread spread out, and pour the garlic/herb/oil mixture over evenly coating all the bread. Toss the bread until all the bread is coated, and add more oil on top if some bread is missing it.
- Place the tray in the Roasting Oven for about 10 minutes. if you like your bread crunchy, leave for longer. Otherwise as soon as it started to golden, remove from the oven and serve with warm vegan camembert cheese.
Recipe from Kind State of Mind https://kindstateofmind.com/2017/03/11/garlic-rosemary-baked-vegan-camembert/