- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup pure ghee
- Pinch baking powder
- Oil to fry
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (One and half cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- In a big bowl take plain flour and add melted ghee and rub the flour with your fingers.
- Add baking powder and combine well. Knead the dough with the little water.
- Cover the dough with the wet kitchen towel and leave the dough aside for at least half an hour.
- Once you are ready to prepare the Khajli, put oil in a pan on the Simmering Plate.
- Now once again knead the dough for couple of minutes then divide the dough into equal golf size balls.
- Flatten one ball on the bench and press it with your fingers and make couple of holes in it, so it cooks well inside too. The thickness should be about 1/2 cm.
- Work same with the remaining dough.
- Gently slip pressed khajali into hot oil, fry the khajali on a low heat until you see flaky and light brown colour khajali.
- Once done leave it to cool completely.
- Now make the sugar syrup by mixing sugar and water in a pan.
- Quickly drop each khajali one by one in hot sugar syrup and coat completely and put them on a greased baking sheet.
Let it cool completely and enjoy!
Recipe and images by https://www.jcookingodyssey.com/2016/10/meethi-khajali-gujarati-style-sweet.html