- 1½ cups Whole Milk, divided
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 ounces Goats Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1½ Cups Blackberries, pureed and run through a fine-mesh sieve
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil(food grade)
- Place 1 cup of whole milk, 1 cup of sugar and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring just to a simmer on the Simmering Plate, stirring to dissolve sugar. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks together. Pour in ¼ of the hot milk, whisking constantly to temper the egg yolk. Pour the egg yolks into the pan of milk and whisk until combined. Bring just to a boil over medium/high heat on the Boiling Plate, whisking constantly. As soon as mixture thickens, remove from heat.
- Add the goats cheese and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour in the remaining ½ cup milk, cream, blackberry puree, honey, vanilla, and lavender oil. Stir until combined.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. When frozen, scoop into a freezer safe container and freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before scooping.
Recipe from The Kitchen McCabe http://thekitchenmccabe.com/2015/06/29/blackberry-lavender-chevre-ice-cream/