- 3 small heads of garlic, cloves separated
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 X 1.6KG Whole Chicken, Butterflied
- 1 cup Baby Rocket Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the garlic on a baking tray, drizzle with half the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on top of the garlic and rub with the remaining oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour in the Roasting Oven. Move the garlic from under the chicken to the edge of the tray and roast for a further 30 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and the garlic is tender.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the rocket dressing. Place the rocket, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Serve the chicken with the roasted garlic and rocket dressing. Serves 4.
Recipe from Donna Hay https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/dinners/roasted-garlic-and-rocket-chicken