- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup stoneground cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ear corn kernels removed from the cob (about 1/2 )
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed + chopped
- 8 slices thick cut cooked crispy bacaon
- 2-3 tomates sliced
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 avocado sliced
- kosher salt + pepper
- mapley syrup for serving
- 6 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 2 in chipotle chiles adobo finely chopped
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and honey. Add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined. It's OK if the batter is a little lumpy. Stir in the cheddar cheese, corn and Jalapeno. Allow the batter to sit 5-10 minutes.
Preheat your waffle iron.
Meanwhile, make the chipotle butter. In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter and chipotle peppers until combined.
Cook the waffles according to your waffle iron's directions.
To assemble, spread each warm waffle with chipotle butter and then layer on the tomatoes (seasoning them with salt + pepper), bacon + arugula. Add another waffle. Top with tomatoes, arugula and sliced avocado and finish off with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Recipe is from https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/cheddar-cornbread-waffle-blt-chipotle-butter/