- 3 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups flavorful veggie stock
- 1 cup diced onion (or pearl onions)
- 4 cups any combination of: diced carrot, celery, fennel, mushrooms, pearl onion
- 1 lb diced blanched yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup fresh peas (raw) or 1 cup asparagus
- 1 lb tofu
- seared with salt and pepper
- (or 1 lb cooked chicken or beef)
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- fresh thyme 1 T
- fresh tarragon 2 T
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- white pepper to taste
- 1 package vegan puff pastry dough
- Blanch potatoes. Saute leeks or onions in 3 T oil, for 5 minutes on the Boiling Plate until translucent. Add carrots, celery, fennel and/or mushrooms salt and pepper. Transfer to the Simmering Plate and saute until carrots are al dente, about 12 minutes. Splash with wine, and cook until it evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and nutritional yeast and and cook one minute while stirring. Add stock and mustard and stir until it just comes to a boil and thickens. Take off the plate. Fold in cooked potatoes, fresh peas or asparagus, and seared tofu (or cooked chicken).
- Add fresh tarragon, thyme and white pepper.
- Fill greased oven proof ramekins or baking dish.
- Roll out Puff pastry dough to fit what you will be using. If using individual ramekins, place them on the dough and use as a pattern, and cut around them leaving an extra at least ¼ in - ½ in for crimping.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes in the Roasting Oven until puffed and golden.
Recipe from Feasting at Home http://www.feastingathome.com/spring-vegetable-pot-pie/