- ⅓ cup (50g) plain flour
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups (375ml) single cream
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 sheets frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, toss to coat and shake off any excess flour. Heat the oil in a large frying pan on the Boiling Plate. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 6–8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the cream to the pan, bring to the boil and cook for 2–3 minutes or until reduced and thickened slightly. Add the onion, chive, parsley and lemon rind and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using the top of 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) ovenproof ramekins as a guide, cut four circles from the pastry.
- Divide the chicken mixture between ramekins, top with the pastry and brush with the egg. Using a small sharp knife, cut a cross into the top of each pie. Place on an oven tray and cook for 20–25 minutes in the Roasting Oven or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Serves 4.
+ For a little variety, add 1 cup of your favourite mushrooms, chopped, when you cook the chicken.
+ You can make this ahead of time. Keep the uncooked pies refrigerated for up to a day before baking.
+ If you don’t have a round cutter for the pastry, use a small bowl or mug as a guide.
+ Top the pie with sheets of crumbled filo pastry, finished with butter, for a crunchy – and speedy – cheat.
Recipe is from https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/dinner/chicken-and-chive-pot-pies