- 1 cup (180g) white quinoa
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 720g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and black cracked pepper
- 1 cup mint leaves chopped, plus extra to serve
- ⅓ cup (55g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) sunflower seeds
- 400g can lentils,. drained and washed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- labne (yoghurt cheese) and lemon wedges to serve
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup flat leave parsley
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 long green chilli
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan on the Boiling Plate. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and move to the Simmering Plate. Simmer for 12 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place the chicken, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Thread onto skewers and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the chimichurri sauce. Place the onion, parsley, mint, vinegar, chilli and salt in a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue on the Boiling Plate. Place the chopped mint, pepitas, sunflower seeds, lentils, vinegar, salt, pepper and half the oil in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa and toss to combine. Brush the chicken skewers with the remaining oil and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with the quinoa salad, chimichurri, labne, lemon wedges and extra mint. serves 4.
Recipe is from https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/entertaining/nibbles-and-starters/chicken-skewers-with-chimichurri-and-quinoa-salad