For the cauliflower
- 1 whole cauliflower (1kg)
- 120g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
For the sauce
- 60g salted butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed coriander leaves and stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour blended in 2 tablespoons water
- salt to taste
- micro herbs and extra coriander, to garnish
To make the cauliflower
Remove the outer leaves of the cauliflower leaving some tender inner leaves intact. Cut a portion of the stalk so that the cauliflower stands up straight when placed on a flat surface.
Place cauliflower in a 20cm cast iron pan so it sits snugly. Brush melted butter all over the cauliflower getting into the grooves of the florets and the area near the stalk so that it is evenly coated in melted butter. Reserve some (1-2 tablespoons butter) for basting later.
Sprinkle salt over the cauliflower and gently rub it in.
Cover the cauliflower with an aluminium foil, crimping the edges over the rim of the pan to create a seal.
Bake in the Baking oven for approximately 35 minutes.
Remove from oven. Discard the foil. Baste the cauliflower with the remaining butter. Bake uncovered in the Baking oven for approximately 60-65 minutes until the top is golden and starting to crisp and brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to rest while you make the sauce.
To make the sauce
Heat butter in a small heavy bottomed saucepan on the Simmering Plate. Add garlic, onion and chilli. Sauté for a couple of minutes until golden.
Add coriander, chilli sauce, tamari, white pepper and stock and bring to a gentle boil.
Add cornflour and water mixture. Stir well. Continue stirring and cooking until sauce thickens. Remove from hotplate. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Spoon hot garlic sauce over the roasted cauliflower. Garnish with micro herbs and extra coriander. Serve hot with quinoa or rice.
Recipe is from https://www.cookrepublic.com/butter-roasted-whole-cauliflower-hot-garlic-sauce/