- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- ¼ cup (25g) dutch cocoa
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (175g) dark brown sugar
- 2 cups (500g) boiling water
- double (thick) cream, to serve
- ¾ cup (135g) dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp dutch cocoa
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- Lightly grease 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) ovenproof cups or ramekins.
- Place the caster sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons of the cocoa in a large bowl. Add the butter, milk, vanilla and egg and whisk to combine. Spoon into the prepared cups and sprinkle over the dark brown sugar and remaining cocoa.
- Place the cups on a baking tray and pour ½ cup (125ml) of the boiling water over each pudding. Place in the Baking oven and cook for 20–25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- While the puddings are cooking, make the syrup. Place the sugar, coffee, cocoa and water in a small saucepan over the Boiling Plate and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Move saucepan to the Simmering Plate for 8 minutes or until syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly. Serve the puddings with cream and the mocha syrup. Serves 4.
Recipe is from https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/desserts-and-baking/self-saucing-mocha-chocolate-puddings