Ingredients: serves 2
- 4 slices of brioche
- 100 ml of semi skimmed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g of mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- 2 tbp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sunflower oil or any other oil you prefer
Berries to taste
Icing sugar for dusting
- Put the berries inside a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar, leave to macerate for 30 minutes.
- Cover the center of each slice of brioche with a mound of macerated fruits, leaving a border around each slice.
- Cover with the other 2 slices and press with your hands to flatten the toasts. Keep the fruit juices in the bottom of the bowl for later.
- Put a bit of oil inside a frying pan, not much, enough to slightly cover the bottom of the pan and place on the Simmering Plate.
- Mix the milk with the vanilla and dip the toasts into the milk, both sides, pressing to remove the excess, then dip them into the beaten eggs and fry on both sides until golden, which takes just a couples of minutes.
- Place the toasts on top of kitchen paper to drain the oil.
- Cut each toast in half, dust with icing sugar and serve with Greek yogurt drizzled with the fruit juices and berries to taste.
Recipe and images from https://www.wedreamoficecream.com/blog/2015/06/06/201565brioche-french-toast