- 6 medium-sized beets (I love a mix of red and golden)
- 1 small avocado
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 lime
- kosher salt
- 1 package flat bread/tortillas
- 1 large watermelon radish, thinly sliced (or sub with regular radishes)
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese or queso fresco
- a handful of any fresh herbs – I used a mixture of chives, cilantro, and sunflower sprouts
- flaky salt for finishing
- optional toppings: lime wedges, edible flowers (usually with the fresh herbs at the grocery store), chimichurri for drizzling
- Scrub beets, then wrap in a foil pouch and roast in the Roasting Oven for 1 ½ hours, until a knife can easily be inserted into the middle. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado crema. Mash up the avocado, then use a fork to vigorously stir into the sour cream until smooth. Add the juice from the lime and a pinch of salt, mix again, then set aside.
- Place 2 or 3 flatbread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and toast in the Baking oven oven until crisp, about 10 minutes, or place straight onto the Simmering Plate with some bake-o-glide underneath.
- Remove flatbread from oven and let cool slightly, then top with a layer of crema, and arrange the beets and radishes in a pretty design on top.
- Scatter pumpkin seeds, goat cheese crumbles, and herbs over the top. Slice into wedges and eat!
Recipe and images from https://camillestyles.com/food-and-drink/from-camilles-kitchen/roasted-beet-tostadas-avocado-crema-goat-cheese-pepitas/