For the Smokey Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons high heat oil for roasting
- 1 tablespoon of miso
- salt, pepper and pepper flakes
- dash of liquid smoke
For the Quick Pickle Carrots
- 3 carrots
- 4 radishes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
For the Miso Mayo
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 baguette
- 1 jalapeño
- Start by making the quick pickle. Cut carrots and radishes into matchsticks. Bring water, vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil in a pan on the Boiling Plate. Let cool for a minute. Pour liquid over the carrots and radishes into a clean jar with a lid. Cover and chill.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes. Toss with spices, high heat oil, miso and dash of liquid smoke. (you may need to mix the miso with the oil first so that you get a smooth consistency that coats the potato slices more evenly). Bake in the Baking Oven for 10 to 15 minutes – or longer, until tender.
- To make the miso mayo just mix up the ingredients.
- Assemble sandwich as shown. Top with peanuts, cilantro and fresh squeeze of lime.
Recipes and images from http://www.earthyfeast.com/recipe/banh-mi/