- 500g boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g (1 pack) penne pasta
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup rosé
- can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Chopped parsley or basil, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on the Boiling Plate. Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel, and season both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on the Simmering Plate.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan, allowing them to sear on one side for 6-7 minutes. Flip the chicken and sear on the other side for another 6-7 minutes. Remove the chicken breast from the pan and set aside on a cutting board to rest.
- Now, add the penne pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions just until al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, to the pan drippings, add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, taking care not to burn the garlic. Deglaze the pan with the rose and bring the liquid to a boil. Swap to the Simmering Oven, and allow the wine to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and sugar, and bring to a simmer. When the tomatoes have stopped bubbling, stir in the heavy cream.
- Slice the chicken, and toss it into the skillet along with the cooked penne. Stir everything together, and serve with chopped herbs on top.