Ingredients (makes 1):
For the pastry:
- 225g plain flour
- 55g caster sugar
- 100g chilled butter
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup iced water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the galette:
- 800g plums, de stoned, quartered
- 55 caster sugar
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- To serve: vanilla bean ice cream
1. To make the pastry: in a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar and chilled butter until combined. Add the apple cider vinegar, iced water and vanilla and pulse until the dough comes together. Roll dough into a ball, flatten into a disc, cover with glad wrap and pop into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
2. To make the galette: In a bowl, mix together the plums and caster sugar.
3. Punch dough out and roll into a round approx 30cm wide. Pour over almond meal, leaving a 5cm border around the sides. Top the almond meal with plums and scrunch excess pastry to form a galette shape. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with raw sugar and pop galette into the Baking oven to bake for 30-40 minutes until golden.
4. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Storage: galette will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe and images from https://themacadames.com/2018/03/05/plum-galette/