Ingredients (serves 4):
For the crepes:
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300ml milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Butter to fry
For the sauce (I doubled this mixture):
- 100g caster sugar
- 35g unsalted butter
- 150ml orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons brandy
1. To make the crepes: In a food processor, mix together the flour, salt, egg, egg yolk, milk and butter. Melt a nob of butter in a fry pan on the Simmering Plate and cook the crepes until slightly browned on each side (approx 2 minutes). Repeat until you’ve used all the mixture.
2. To make the sauce: In a medium heavy based saucepan and on the Simmering Plate, melt the sugar with a few dashes of water. Cook until the sugar dissolves, then add the butter, orange juice and orange zest. Cook until thickened and sticky, then add the Grand Marnier/Cointreau and brandy.
3. To serve: dip each crepe into the sauce, then fold into quarters and plate. Repeat until you’ve finished the crepes. Eat immediately with softly whipped cream.
Recipe is by http://themacadames.com/2017/11/14/crepes-suzette/