- 1 pound (455 gr) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pita breads ( I used whole-wheat pita)
- ¾ cup Tzatkizi sauce
- 1 cup fresh arugula, rinsed and drained
- Handful of fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat-dry chicken with a sheet of paper towel. Transfer the chicken and chickpeas onto the baking sheet and make sure that they are on a single layer.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with coriander, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Rub all sides of the chicken and chickpeas with the spices either with your clean hands or using a spatula and/or tongs (to flip the chicken).
- Roast for 15 minutes in the Roasting Oven or until the chicken is fully cooked (it should register between 160-165 F degrees when a thermometer is inserted in the middle of a thigh).
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Cut chicken into strips.
- When ready to assemble, lightly toast a pita bread on the Simmering Plate and place it on a plate. Spread it with a few tablespoons of tzatziki sauce and top it off with chicken strips, a handful of roasted chickpeas, and arugula. If preferred, drizzle it with more Tzatziki sauce and garnish with fresh dill. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the pita bread.
Recipe is by https://foolproofliving.com/chicken-pita-wraps/