- 1 cup dark chocolate*
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 2 slices your favorite bread
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter
- 1 banana
- Healthier caramel sauce
- Optional: splash of rum
- Optional: vanilla ice cream!
- Chop up the dark chocolate and place it in a bowl; set aside.
- Next, heat the coconut milk in a saucepan over the Simmering Plate. As soon as small bubbles start to form on top--you want it to be warm, but you don't want it to come anywhere close to boiling--pour coconut milk over chopped chocolate and wait 5 minutes.
- Once 5 minutes have passed, use a spatula to stir chocolate and milk together to form a thick ganache.**
- Next, prepare the sandwich similarly to how you would a grilled cheese. Spread butter on one side of one piece of bread and place the bread butter side down in a skillet on the Simmering Plate or with Bake-O-Glide underneath. Then add a giant spoonful of ganache onto the other side of that bread, and then add the banana (I sliced mine in half), and then top it with the other piece of bread.
- Cook sandwich on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve sandwich alongside caramel sauce, and if you wish, alongside some vanilla ice cream as well.
Recipe is from https://thealmondeater.com/2018/01/vegan-chocolate-bananas-foster-sandwich/