- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1+1/2 cups (150g) almond meal
- 1 cup (138g) buckwheat flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (65g) cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (145g) vegan dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup (70mL) soy milk
- 1 cup (130g) coconut sugar
- ½ cup (80g) unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (50g) vegan chocolate chips
- Unsalted peanut butter to drizzle
Line a 23cm square cake tin with baking paper.
Prepare the flax eggs by mixing the water and the flaxseed meal in a bowl. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, buckwheat flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Stir, then create a well in the centre.
In a small saucepan over the Simmering Plate, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together until it's smooth.
Pour the melted chocolate, flax eggs, soy milk and coconut sugar into the well of the dry ingredients. Mix to combine. The mixture will look quite thick. Fold through the roughly chopped peanuts and chocolate chips.
Transfer the mixture into the lined baking tin and bake in the Baking oven for 15-20 minutes. It will have risen and be firm to touch. Remove from the oven and place tin on a wire rack to cool completely. After about 10 minutes of it cooling, drizzle the peanut butter all over the top. Once cooled, cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
Slice up and serve