- 6 large banger sausages
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Guinness Onion Gravy:
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Blonde Guinness Beer
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. russet potatoes
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Guinness Onion Gravy: Melt the butter in a large skillet over the Boiling Plate. Add the olive oil and the onions and saute, stirring often, until caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Guinness, Dijon, worcestershire, sugar, salt and pepper. Move to the Simmering Plate and simmer until thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Bangers: Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over the Simmering Plate. Add bangers and cook until evenly browned on both sides and cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Mashed potatoes: Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place in a saucepan with water to cover, salt the water and bring to a boil over the Boiling Plate. Cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash with a potato masher. Add the butter and milk and continue to mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Place mashed potatoes on plate, top with a sausage and gravy.
Recipe is from The Beach House Kitchen http://thebeachhousekitchen.com/2017/03/10/bangers-mash-with-guinness-onion-gravy/