Topping // Serving Suggestions:
400 mls milk
120 grams chopped dark chocolate
2 tbsp freshly made espresso*
2 tbsp raw sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 + ½ teaspoon cornflour
¼ th teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/8th teaspoon nutmeg powder
Zest of one orange cut into strips.
Shaved dark chocolate
Any Chocolate based candy.
- In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan add the milk, dark chocolate and espresso.
- On medium heat, combine the ingredients until the chocolate is partially melted.
- Add the rest of the hot chocolate ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the hot chocolate has thickened.
- Take it off the heat.
- Immediately pour in mugs and add the desired toppings and serve.