For the mango puree:
- 1 cup diced mango
For the pudding:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk or almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons extra milk, if desired
- for garnish: bananas, coconut flakes
- First, make the mango puree. Add the mango to a blender, and blend until smooth, adding water as needed. You can also use frozen mango and defrost it before blending. Set the mango puree aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture rest for about 5 minutes to thicken. Add additional milk to thin out the consistency, if you wish.
- In two serving jars, layer the mango puree with the chia pudding.
- Cover the mango-chia pudding and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with bananas and coconut flakes.